Audio Video and Lighting Systems
Service Training Design Installation
Audio Video and Lighting system updates.
Complete New System Design and Installations.
Training on how to use the equipment you have.
Special Event and Vacation coverage for A/V staff.
Call, text or email today to schedule a site visit.
Blessings, Jeff Gefke
The Quick way to setup Audio System gain structure
- Turn the amp input levels off
- Turn the mixer Main output faders off
- Use a test signal or program material that is constant on a mixer channel
- Set channel input gain so the PFL readout is around -0- unity
- Turn off the PFL
- Raise the main output faders until the main out level on the meters is about at -0- unity
- Now raise the amp input levels until the clip indicators just come on and then back down a bit
- Note do not overload the speakers just to see the clip light come on, turn the amp up to the max level they can handle or is loud enough for the room.
- Run the main faders around 0 and mix with the channel faders as needed
By doing this the system is set for the best signal to noise, headroom and you know when the amps are at clip point by the main output meters on the mixer.
Note: Other devices in the signal path may be effected by this and need to be set for the level changes.
Here is the overview of what we discussed at this years Worship Conference.
I will post a heading weekly and start the discussion with some product details and usage tips,
your comments and suggestions are welcome.
If you have a specific question and Need Help NOW send me a direct email to
- Allen & Heath
- Setting gain Video link
- Aanalog vs digital mixers
- Setup operation
- Mixer Location
- Near Field Monitors
- Sennheiser Headphones
- Westone Earbuds
- In ear monitors advantages
- Direct to Computer
- Direct to Digital Recorder
- Split direct from wireless receiver
Mics for stage pickup
- PZM Plate mic Sennheiser, Shure
- Led lights color Temp
- Conventional Lights
- Ac and cooling requirements
- Stage coverage zones
- Simple DMX Controlers
- Difficultities with setup and operation
- ETC Element & Smartfade
- Atem Television Studio
- NewTek Tricaster
- RSG Roland…Edirol
- Line Array vs Conventional
- Speaker placement, coverage issues
- Amp settings how to set input level
- Bolts for mounting Hitachi projector
- No Ground lifts
- No Y cords